August 05, 2021
To Parents and Students:
We hope you had a wonderful summer. We welcome and value your positive energy,
dedication and partnership in ensuring that all of our students are successful. We look
forward to working with you and your children.
Our hard working and conscientious custodians have spent the entire summer thoroughly
cleaning our school. Our much-appreciated PTO is gearing up to welcome families and
provide volunteer opportunities. A BIG THANK YOU is being sent out to our PTO for our
NEW SIGN!!! Our wonderful team of educators and support staff are working very hard
to provide an AMAZING start to an awe-inspiring new year.
As a united team of students, parents, community members, educators and support staff,
we will continue our message of ensuring that everything we say and do is based around
kindness: Treating others the way we all want and deserve to be treated and cared
for...basically, just doing the right thing.
During this past school year that was full of never experienced challenges, thank you all
for helping us take lemons and make lemonade!
Special Notes as of 08/05/21:
● Open House: August 23, 2021: 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (This is a come and go activity.)
● We will not meet in the gym. You are invited to go straight to your child’s or
● Please stop by the cafeteria on your way in or out to visit with the following people:
● Bus Barn, PTO, Food Service and Title 1.
● School breakfast, lunch and dinner will be free for all students this year. However,
in order for us to receive funding to pay our Title 1 teachers, paraprofessionals and
for many of our much needed educational resources, we need everyone to fill out the
Free and Reduced lunch forms. Without the forms being filled out, we could lose
staff members and much needed educational resources. Please fill out the form.
● We are a Title 1 school.
● Title I Mission: “Maximize student success by providing optimal learning
experiences through research-based educational approaches and authentic
parental involvement under the guidance of highly qualified educators.”
● What is Title I?
● Title I is a federally funded program that provides supplemental help in
math and/or reading to students who qualify.
● It is designed to help those students who need a little extra support in order
to grasp important grade level specific skills during school hours and
tutoring for after school hours.
● Information about our Title 1 program is available on our website.
● Students are not to arrive before 7:50 a.m.
● School starts at 8:05 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m.
● Attendance is of the utmost importance. However, if your child is sick, we want them to
● Transportation changes will not be made after 2:45 p.m. The office is crazy busy at
this time. Teachers cannot continually check the transportation change list and be
attentive with students.
● Please make sure that your child’s teacher is very clear about how your
child will be getting to and from school.
● Car-rider students need to be picked up at the east awning doors no
later than 3:40 p.m.. These are the first set of doors on the right as you
pull into our parking lot. Drive up to the speed bump. A faculty member
will then escort your child to the car. Each child will be given two posters
with their name on them. Please place one in the windshield area of your
car. Do not wait in the office as this is a safety and security issue.
● Please watch our website and/or Facebook page for updates.
It remains an honor and privilege to serve as your principal. Please stop by and say hello.
Together, I know we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all
Tonya Cox, Principal